Thursday, January 1, 2015

january


EATING || GF pancakes & experimental baked goods usually including some combination of oats & peanut butter. 
DRINKING || essentially the same three things - water, coffee & home-made grapefruit kombucha. 
PRACTICING || the art of being present. reminder - life is made up of those seemingly small, insignificant moments. 
MASTERING || motivating myself in home-workouts because I still haven't bit the bullet & paid the ridiculous gym membership fees.
LEARNING || to grow where I am planted.
PLAYING || catch-up on organizing my iphoto folders so 2015 can be a little prettier by the end of the year. (hence the reason there was no "in review of 2014" post.)
FINISHING || splurge sale shopping & getting down with some for real saving. Sorry, Zara, it's not me, it's you.
READING || the silkworm by Robert Galbraith (*cough,* JK Rowling.) Also, yes, please by Amy Poehler.
WATCHING || nothing of any real substance because I've been falling asleep 20 minutes in. I blame the 10 hours of daylight we have right now. 
WALKING || up mountains & in the snow. I kind of want that to be a monthly ritual now.
WEARING || heattech leggings (uniqlo, I love you.) & thick, chunky sweaters.
COOKING || home-made caramel sauce for the first time. (& it was a success!)
WORKING || on building connections.
TRAVELING || to quiet places. ready to get some work done for this new year.
WANTING || sunshine. Chongqing winter, you are the thing I am most determined to overcome.

The sky has been grey for a while now, but as Jer always says, "you make your own happiness." So here's to a little mental happiness, positive vibes & an uplifting start for a fabulous new year.


cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I do so enjoy your lists of what you are eating, reading, etc! Want to know: what did you use your caramel sauce for? Want to add: daylight is now increasing by about 2 minutes per day. Which means an extra hour of daylight by month's end. Yay! Little victory: I found that pancake mix you like--will send with Mama B :-) Love you 🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used the caramel sauce for popcorn but it wasn't as successful as I had hoped. Right now I have it stored in the fridge for apples or maybe some other baked concoction.

      Yay for the sunlight increasing! I feel like I need to just live in a cave for the next 3 months.

      & another yay for the pancake mix! All wonderful things!

      Delete