Thursday, January 22, 2015

happiness



I need to make my own happiness a priority.
in this time more than any other,
I need to find a tangible emersion of golden light.
I need to create a space that feels good to dwell in.
To wrap myself up in this place &
feel the goodness seep into my every pore.

I need to make my own happiness an every day pursuit.
The clouds, they hang low & heavy
but I refuse to let them in
clouding my mind;
my thoughts, a grey fog
bringing me to a place of sadness & dread.

I need to make my own happiness happen.
In the moments where I find nothing worth smiling about.
In the seconds that I find myself stare off into space.
Feeling alone, restless
discontent
frustrated.
those moments are the embers to the flame.
I can build a fire.

I need to make my own happiness real.
Not a figment of my mind.
Not a whisper of a thought.
A reality.
A truth that I can drench my soul in.

Happiness can be real.
It is a choice.
It is a struggle.
It is within my grasp.
It is a lot of things.

But it is not impossible.
It is not looking for a new home.
It is not picky or selfish.
It is here.
It is now.

I need to make happiness.
my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment