Friday, September 11, 2015

september

one of the final sunsets witnessed in Chongqing.



STARTING || to make new friends in Chengdu. 
FINISHING || a season of taking the bus to leave my neighborhood every day. 
MAKING || lots of stri-frys because the baby oven didn't make the move.
CRAVING || INTERNET.
READING || The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami 
WATCHING || rain falling on all the walking city dwellers that I can see from my window.
LISTENING TO || The Well/Aware podcast. Really fresh stuff.
WEARING || My flyknits daily because the groceries aren't going to walk themselves home. 
EATING || All the mango I can get my hands on.
DRINKING || Peppermint tea before bed.
LEARNING || how to enjoy really long days with a broken computer & no internet (& did I mention it's been raining all of like one day while here!?) 
PRACTICING || My forearms stands & meeting new people (during which time I realize that I am actually an introvert & would rather sit in my apartment alone all day.)
WORKING || on deep breathing. On taking things one day at time. On trying to find the good in bad situations. 
PLAYING || the "where can I get free wi-fi?" game that does not entail a starbucks. 
TRAVELING || back & forth to IKEA for storage solutions. #oyvey
WANTING || to really be ok with owning less. Like, last month I mentioned that less is really good, but being absolutely ok with it is still a lofty goal for me. I still want all the things, pretty much all the time.
PLANNING || on all the glorious things I'm going to do on my new computer that is a mere month away from owning. I am currently typing this on my ipad with a wireless keyboard because my poor macbook is laying in a deconstructed pile on the coffee table. #allthetears
HOPING || for positive, uplifting people to enter my life. For less feelings of inadequacies. For more acceptance of change. For less rain so I can go exploring without my umbrella. 

Whew. Looking back at last month, I knew that I would regret all that "can't wait till September." talk & yeah, I totally do. I am on my second week with no internet at the new apartment, which, for the first few days was kind of refreshing. Dinner time was spent carried around an actual conversation, we didn't stare at our screens while lounging on the couch before bed. But now, man, those hours of no work & no social life are stacking up fast and I feel all kinds of down without the distractions of the internet world. It's a mixture of things, all under the umbrella of change. I know this isn't forever. It just feels like it at the present moment. Seeing as you will be reading this about halfway into the actual month of September, I can end this on a positive note by saying that October (& my awesome sister/brother in law's visit) is literally around the corner, along with new things that I can get excited about. Just gotta enjoy the slow days in the meantime.

September, you are making me feel like my life is too fast paced for you. But I will adjust. Slowly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment