Thursday, October 8, 2015

october


sunset over chengdu from my new buildings rooftop.

STARTING || to pick up steam teaching yoga here.
FINISHING || a long period of not having a computer. 
MAKING || chili pepper mango tofu & salsa.
CRAVING || soft serve ice cream. & pumpkin anything. 
READING || the life-changing magic of tidying up, (of course.) by Marie Kondo.
WATCHING || the man in the high castle & the good wife.
LISTENING TO || SO MANY PODCASTS. Currently obsessing over On Being, One Part Podcast & Limetown.
WEARING || layers in the morning; fall has arrived to Chengdu.
EATING || spinach/feta/balsamic with lunch. & the occasion avocado.
DRINKING  || coffee from all the little shops in our neighborhood.
LEARNING || that there is no prize for being right in an argument.
PRACTICING || letting go of rigid structure and allowing things to just happen. Also, drawing mandalas.
WORKING || less than I ever have. & it' so weird.
PLAYING || the weaving & dodging game with all the maniac drivers in this city while riding my bike. 
TRAVELING || to mountains & small towns and HONG KONG with AJ & Cameron!!!!!!!
WANTING || a hair cut. 
PLANNING || our HK itinerary & travel plans for December. Taiwan? Vietnam? Korea? TBD.
HOPING || for lots of sunshine this month.


October is easily one of my favorite months. The craziest thing is that the time last year, I was in the US getting ready for Amy & Cameron's wedding all while doing the super intensive 14 hour a day yoga teacher training. So intense. So crazy that that was a year ago. What's going on, time!? 

It does present a problem when there is very little here by way of "autumness" that is abundant back home. No PSL's, no tree lined streets all red & yellow, no harvest festivals, no real acknowledgement that it's a new season, other than people donning warmer layers.  

I have been frequently saying that I feel a shift in my life, and each time I say that, another shift occurs. Whether it's moving or finding new friends or things to do, or whatever, there is aways some new experience or situation that is causing me to face my insecurities & grow a little (or a lot.) It's been a crazy month, ( I also feel like I say that every month.) But it's always true. Crazy town, that's where I live.

I have so many blog post ideas stashed away for when I have long afternoons with a computer at my disposal. 

But for now, I am eagerly awaiting our visitors & super excited for the next few weeks of exploring and having adventures with family. Now I'm off to figure out how to clean off my phone without having a computer to back my photos up to. #icloudwhyyousohard!?

October, I see you in the sunsets & the chill you bring. Here's to seeing you from beaches, mountain tops. & all the spaces in between.

1 comment: