Friday, August 8, 2014

a moment


34 floors up, I make my way to my rooftop. 
The sun is moving quickly to it's bed in the sky. 
I can feel the thick air, warm with the heat from the day envelope me as I unroll my yoga mat for my evening practice. 

I can hear the cicadas humming many floors below.
I hear the soft murmur of the evening traffic in the distance. 
I see the birds taking a rest on the beams that line the rooftop. 
I turn on some music. 
I take a deep breath.

I feel the air travel to my lungs. 
I outstretch my fingers to the sky.
I feel the weight of my body shift as I come into forward fold. 
I take a half lift, then extend my arms to the mat. 
I move through sun salutations.
The shadows lengthen. 
The breeze picks up. 

I notice the sky to my right. 
It is becoming dark & ominous. 
The air feels electric. 
I know what's coming.

I take a few more deep breaths as I close my practice. 
I watch as the sky continues to shift.
to change. 
The clouds becoming more defined in some areas, and completely lost in others. 
I see the last bit of pink light from the sun reflecting off the clouds behind me. 
I see the moon. 
I feel the movement of the wind against my skin. 

I can not move from this spot. 
I am enamored with the beauty of the sky. 
Of this creation. 
Of this place that I found that I call my own. 
The warm breeze, the dark clouds, the pink sky. 

I am overcome with the feeling that God was literally painting this sky for me. 
Nothing else mattered in that moment. 
I felt whole. 
I felt alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment