Saturday, December 12, 2015

december

four sisters mountains in western sichuan

STARTING
 || to mentally prepare to begin another year. January comes and I usually feel disconnected through much of it. I'd like to prevent this this time.
FINISHING || the last of Banksy's shots so that he can go outside & meet new puppies & go for walks & just generally not be cooped up in the tiny apt all the time.
MAKING || pickled veggies for the first time ever.
CRAVING || mulled wine.
READING || the martian by Andy Weir
WATCHING || allllll the christmas movies.
LISTENING TO || this lady's sweet Christmas playlist(s).
WEARING || new slippers from uniqlo & my down vest.
EATING || whatever home baked goods I can get my hands on (mostly from other people because home girl is STILL without an oven.)
DRINKING  || night: chamomile tea. morning: BREWED COFFEE FROM OUR NEW COFFEE MAKER. Can I just say that I can't believe we didn't do this sooner? Two year of french pressing is far too long. #sosmooth #sotasty
LEARNING || how to make home made bone broth in response to a crazy bout of antibiotics that I'm currently on. Triple womp.
PRACTICING || letting go of things that no longer serve me.
WORKING || on not projecting my stresses. Deep breaths make it so much better.
PLAYING || fetch with Banksy in the hallway in our building, it's literally the most adorable thing ever that he's always understood the concept.
TRAVELING || to taiwaaaaaan. The beach, some mountains, a coastal bike trip & many jaunts around sweet neighborhoods are on the agenda.
WANTING || to feel better, physically. the cold feels like it's seeping into my bones already. Chengdu don't play no games with them wet winters.
PLANNING || a time when I'm back on the busy train. For now, gratitude for slower days = more time to be still and intentional with my actions instead of rushing 24/7.  
HOPING || for a much more exciting NYE this time around in China. Year 1 was good, year 2, not so much. Maybe it's about the odd years(?) But hey, no expectations.

December has been kind of a weird month so far. Jeremy and I got a puppy right after Thanksgiving. Something that we didn't think we would do until we returned to the US. (SO glad we didn't wait.) A Banksy post is in the works...

We bought another IKEA christmas tree, i lost a job, (China makes no sense sometimes,) made some new friends and  traveled to some gorgeous mountains (a post for that is in the works, as well.) 

Had many a moment where I felt like all of this was too much. That life can feel so out of control and heavy. I've learned that gratitude practice is a real thing. It's a real, tangible thing you can put on paper. That projecting happiness can help you to actually feel happier. That dogs are easily one of the best things in this world. That health should be celebrated every single day. That the leaves changing colors outside, although late in my mind, are still beautiful & a sign of something ending- only to start again anew.

December, you are cold foggy breaths, puppy kisses & white twinkle lights. You are reminders of life, that each day is a gift & that good things are all around me., always.

merry christmas, dear readers. may 2016 bring you much joy & happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment